THE IATA OPERATIONAL SAFETY AUDIT (IOSA) PROGRAM IS AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED AND ACCEPTED EVALUATION SYSTEM DESIGNED TO ASSESS THE OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL SYSTEMS OF AN AIRLINE.
ARGUS PROS is one of six IATA accredited Audit Organizations globally eligible to perform the IOSA audit. Each ARGUS auditor is trained to the IOSA standard, and retrained annually.
As an active participant in the foundation of the IOSA concept, ARGUS PROS has more onsite experience than any other accredited IOSA Audit Organization. Only with ARGUS PROS, airlines will receive the Progressive Interlink Report, a proprietary tool designed for your internal evaluation staff to better determine your airline’s assessments of interlinked/repeated IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices (ISARPs). It can be used to ensure that your staff can produce an accurate conformance report as will be required with an IOSA renewal.
IOSA AUDIT PRINCIPLES ARE DESIGNED TO CONDUCT AUDITS IN A STANDARDIZED MANNER TO PROVIDE SIGNIFICANT BENEFITS FOR BOTH AIRLINES AND REGULATORS.
Some of the pertinent benefits include:
- Reduction of costs, audit resources, and insurance premiums for airlines and regulators
- Continuous updating of standards to reflect regulatory revisions and the evolution of best practices within the industry
- Quality audit program under the continuous stewardship of IATA
- Structured audit methodology, including standardized checklists
- Elimination of audit redundancy through mutual acceptance of audit reports
- Development of auditor training courses for the airline industry
In addition to the streamlined, quality audit principles established by IOSA, each airline that successfully completes the audit will receive an IOSA Audit Report (IAR), which is the official record of the audit and contains information regarding the conduct and results of the audit.
Every operator who has met the IOSA standard and a copy of their IOSA Audit Report will be housed in the IOSA Registry, which serves as a confirmation of the commitment of the airline to deliver a safe operation based on the Standards contained in the IOSA Standards Manual. IATA also manages the sharing of audit reports in which interested parties wishing to view an IAR can go to the IOSA Registry and request a report in a secure manner for approved parties.
IPV (IOSA PREPARATION VISIT) IS AN IDEAL, PROACTIVE RESOURCE AN AIRLINE CAN UTILIZE TO HAVE ARGUS PROS THOROUGHLY ASSESS THE OPERATIONS READINESS AND CONFORMANCE BEFORE THE IOSA AUDIT.
The IPV will evaluate the management team, general state of the operation, identify necessary corrective actions, and assist in developing and/or implementing required actions in an effort to be well equipped in advance of the IOSA audit event to reduce findings and avoid costly corrective actions.
E-IOSA (ENHANCED IOSA) IS A GREAT MILESTONE FOR IMPROVED OPERATIONAL SAFETY, SECURITY, AND QUALITY FOR THE AIRLINE INDUSTRY- ADDING GREAT VALUE TO THE IOSA EXPERIENCE.
IOSA is elevating the IOSA program to the next level by enhancing the scope and value of the audit result with benefits, such as:
- Airlines will maintain continuing conformity with all IOSA standards and recommended practices through internal assessments throughout the 24 months registration period
- Before each IOSA renewal audit, airlines will submit a conformance report ensuring the IOSA standards are implemented
- Airlines will demonstrate the reliability and integrity of their internal quality assurance program by conducting ongoing internal assessments against ISARPs, using appropriately trained and qualified auditors
- Conduct the on-site renewal audit every 24 months, and develop a systematic standardization of internal audit procedures and process.